A couchsurfing experience, August 7

In NYC I tried couchsurfing for the first time. Circumstances have been perfect. A cool guy from New York accepted to host me for 4 nights.
When I arrived at the airport I took the subway to his place close to Yankee Stadium, Bronx.
Kevin and Kevin (hosted me in NY)
Kevin was great being around with. He would take me to parties at friends houses, drink a beer in a bar or show me the city.

Fun thing: He told me that I was sleeptalking in English (after being 3 days in the US).

Me personally I really love the idea of couchsurfing. The community is ver big and present all over the world. It is very easy: you figure out where you want to go, you add a host search online, you write requests and the hosts can accept or decline you.
Recommendations can help you select suited persons. The system works very fine. This way you can exchange ideas, information and culture. Also you immediately have a friend who knows where to go in the city.

I will definitely continue couchsurfing, when I get the chance.
See www.couchsurfing.org