Washington DC and Annapolis, August 22

August 22nd I took a small trip to Washington DC. I departed at 5am so I didnt have lots of traffic. I parked my truck and took the Washington metro to the city center. The Metro is very nice, organized and clear. It was first opened in 1976 and it's entrances and waiting halls are huge. I liked that a lot.
Me in front of the Capitol
Since it was a really hot day, I needed lots of water and preferred to stay in air conditioned rooms 
I started walking around Chinatown went to Washington Union Station (A/C !) and from there I walked pass the Supreme Court and then entered the Capitol (A/C !). The Capitol is awesome like all the museums it is free and also has a free guide. Our guide showed us every important part of the Capitol. He said before 9/11 the presidents used to walk around the visitors and eventually stop and talk to them. Also it is interesting to see all the important statues! After seeing the Capitol I decided to enter the National Gallery of Art (A/C !). It is a very big Art Museum. Some highlights include Da Vinci, Monet, Van Gogh as well as American artists.
The area where all the museums and monuments are located is called the national mall. Most of the buildings (almost every) in the mall are neoclassical. I think it suits very well. The city center looks very clean, structured and organized (see McMillan Plan). But I havent really been outside the city center....
In the evening I met a friend and her boyfriend (Ben & Elisabeth). I knew her from Germany and knew she was staying in DC. So we met at a Burger Restaurant. They also recommended me going to Annapolis, which I did the other day (see below).
And after that I met a fellow Fulbrighter (Henrik), which I contacted through Facebook. He and his roommates would let me sleep and their couch. At night we went out to a club.
The next day I was up early to walk around the mall again and enter the museum of air and space. It was nice. Then I took the metro back to where I have parked and drove to Annapolis. Annapolis is a very nice small town in Maryland. I liked it a lot. It is one of the oldest towns in the States. It has a bigger Yacht Harbour (lots of sailing boats!) and many nice sights (see pictures).

Typical Neoclassical Building on the mall (Archives of the USA)
Smithsonian Institution 

The White House
Look how structured it is, even waiting for a bus they wait in a line

The Netherlands, in Museum of Air and Space satellite
Annapolis
Annapolis
I couldnt find any european flag on these boats. Will I sail under a European flag here once?
Maryland State House
On the way from Maryland to Delaware