Calle 8 Miami, January 23

Yes during my break I stayed in the warm Florida for a week.
The day I arrived my friends picked me up at the airport to drive down to Key West with a rented car.
I have to say I am a little disappointed by Key West itself. It is basically a tourist place with many vacation houses. I thought there would be more open beaches and something like a beach promenade.
At least the southernmost point is there :)

Keys

90 miles to cuba... Tempting
Most of the time I stayed in a hostel in Miami. I made some really good friends in a very short time as you will see on the pictures.
The main reason was to go and visit the complete united Schafferman's in Marco Island to celebrate Karls birthday. So I rented a car to drive down there and stayed 3 days. It has been a lot of fun and I am glad I could see Angie and Lea from Delaware, Karl Marion and Robbie from Babenhausen and Steven and Olesja from Australia. I had a good time!!

Just catching some sun, Everglades
Alligators, Everglades
I had a 4 hours 12miles walk through a national park, when all of the sudden a panther passed
Yummie
Panther footprint?
Marco Beach. To be honest, not the nicest one